Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas Special: Lucky Christmas

Lucky Christmas (2011)

Synopsis
Holly Ceroni, a single mom trying to get back on her feet, is crushed when she learns her winning lottery ticket is in the glove compartment of her recently stolen car. Mike Ronowski, the construction worker who took her vehicle, goes along with a plan to befriend Holly and coerce her into giving him half her winnings. Mike unexpectedly falls for Holly and learns there are more important things than money just in time for the holidays.




My Thoughts
Haven't started watching it, yet, but it sounds like a Hallmark movie to me...I guess we'll find out if that's a good thing or not.



I recognized Holly, the mom, from Saved by the Bell if any of you watched the best of the 90s. I guess she is getting old enough for the switch over to single mom. She looks really different, but you can still see some Jessie in there.








Max (Mitchell Kummen), Holly's son, will be in Daniel Radcliffe's new Horns movie in 2013. He'll be playing young Daniel Radcliffe. He plays the hopeful son, waiting for his dad to come back pretty well. It's hard to see a young Daniel Radcliffe in there, but I guess it depends on his acting skills outside of Hallmark movies. I suppose, if you think the first Harry Potter, you might be able to see it.







A lot of people can really identify with people having a hard time around Christmastime. It'd be nice if we could all win the lottery and have the winnings come with a new dad, too...but a new book or some fuzzy socks would be nice, too, I suppose. :-)

It's slightly annoying watching made-for-TV movies on DVD. The commercial break moments always confuse my brain a little. I go to do something because I assume commercials are coming, but then they don't!

I was all proud of the Mike guy for wanting to give her the ticket back, but he keeps letting his crazy, law-breaking friend get him into trouble. He just needs to cut ties with that guy and move on with his life (which he may very well do...haven't finished the movie, yet).





Mike (Jason Gray-Stanford) might actually have some hockey skills, like he shows here. He is Canadian...soooo...Of course, he'd be a hockey player, right? :-)






The movie reminds me a little of The Princess and the Frog. I honestly couldn't tell you why, besides the fact that she wants to open her own cafe and she has her dream spot and everything. And the couple does the "love you"/"hate you" dance, like they do in The Princess and the Frog.

Coming from someone with an Eagle scout brother, I can attest to the big deal-ness of "The Derby". He never did his until the night before or close to it, but it was always a pretty fun event.

I love how the first thing Max wants with $1 million is the Batmobile. That's a kid after my own heart. We don't need our own place to live or anything besides the Batmobile! I completely agree.



It's definitely a Hallmark film, but I actually enjoyed this one. The acting was more realistic, the story wasn't horrible, there was enough comedy thrown in. I could have done with the retarded best friend. He just annoyed me, but I guess half the story revolved around his idiocy.

No comments:

Post a Comment